Sunday, April 11, 2010

castle

Inside through the heavy doors, I walk into my senior year 3rd period gym class. I am late and everyone is staring at me. I am wearing a denim skirt, with a tank top, and flip flops and everyone else is in gym shorts and sneakers stretching and getting ready to run the mile. Now my heart is beginning to race. I run down into the locker room and try to find my name on a gym locker. I finally find it and as I am opening the locker someone whose voice I do not recognize calls my name. I turn around and look and don't see anybody. I then heard my name being called again. I looked to the right and there is my sister-in-law. She hands me shorts and says "put these on already dammit Pam you are already late, everyone is waiting for you". I quick get undressed and throw the shorts on and when I went to tell her I was ready she was gone. I ran upstairs to the gym where now there is no body in there. I decided to walk outside to the track area. As I was walking to it I looked up at the bleachers and there must have been about one thousand people sitting on the bleachers. I overheard one of the ladies saying "when is this race going to start" and the other lady said "the star runner was running late". At this point I am very confused. I walked over to Mr. Mcleese to ask him what was going on, but, before I could say anything, he ran over to me and said why the hell are you so late, and I hope you are ready to run because don't forget your life depends on this race. I then walk over to my lane (number 3) to line up to get ready and I find out that my competition is my dog lucky. These doors lead to this crazy world that I did not want to be a part of . I ran back up to the gym and tried to find the doors that lead me back to the magical kingdom. I found them and ............

No comments:

Post a Comment